Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sirens at 3:30 AM

At about 3:30 am I awoke to sirens blaring down the large-ish road a quarter mile from my apartment. They grew louder and waned, multiple sirens overlapped. In all they came and went for about 15 min. I wondered what was happening, I made prayers for those involved and then I tried to go back to sleep. As you can see that didn't work out so well. I thought about knitting, I envisioned the stitches in my head and worked out the kitchener stitch's mechanics.

To me knitting is not just an enjoyable hobby it is like learning a programming language (I know, I'm a geek!) - knit and purl being the the basic units. Understanding these two stitches - which in reality are only one stitch and it's reverse, open up the world of knitting techniques so much.

This wonderful aspect of thinking, technique knitting has me totally enamored. This coupled with the tactile and visual elements of gorgeous yarns, creativity in design, the portability of the work, and the joy of producing a useful object make knitting absolutely perfect. Why can't everyone see this?

::Sigh:: As you can tell none of my friends knit and I have no one to talk knitting to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home