Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Topi Hat Finished

I've been wanting to make the Topi hat from Knitty since it came out but I didn't have the right yarn for it. Well KnitPicks came to the rescue... I started this hat yesterday and finished it today (with some other knitting in between).





Specs:

Yarn- KnitPicks Mainline in Ink (Black), Cotton (75%) Wool (25%)

Needles- KnitPicks Options size 7 for main hat, size 5 for ribbing and bill (I'm really loving them so far!)

Notes- I knit the medium size since my gauge was a bit tighter than I think the pattern called for. It is a little loose but the whole time I was knitting it I swore it was going to be too small. Trust your measurements (head circumference/pi = diameter). I chose to do the bill on the smaller needles since I wanted the fabric to be stiffer. I haven't inserted any plastic to keep it up and it is doing fine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

It's so cute!

(Lorena, from SnB)

5:36 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

What a great hat! You certainly have a lot of projects coming along- great to see your progress.
-Abigail, from SnB

6:08 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

oooh I like that hat.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home