Monday, February 06, 2006

Sweater Virgin No More

The finished object! I went on a knitting spree this morning before class (well actually I was skipping class but I didn't miss anything important).



I look like a gorilla in this picture. I swear I am not 500 lbs. Actually I weigh 97 lbs believe it or not. The sweater has a finished bust measurement of 30", my actual bust measurement being 29".



No I'm not trying to fly away, I'm just trying to show that it does have some definition and is not just a furry ball of bulk. Needless to say, it is very warm and we had a nice cool day today so I wore it.

The sweater definitely has it's pros and cons. My favorite parts are how perfect the length of the sleeves are, how easily it was constructed, how perfectly the sleeves fit onto the body, and the neckline. I do not like how overly fuzzy the yarn is. I am thinking of shaving the extra long strands off with my boyfriend's beard hair trimmer. I haven't blocked it so hopefully when I do I can stretch it a bit longer.

Best of all this project is over so I can dedicate all my time to my beloved Noro when it arrives. And it better arrive by this weekend because I don't have another weekend off until spring break. The life of a medical student does not leave much time for knitting... let along sleeping, washing or cleaning but that is another matter.

I remembered that my mom has two antique spinning wheels as decoration in our house. One is a humongous great wheel that would never fit in my apartment which I know to be in working order. The other is a small wheeel that you can see below. I don't know if it is missing any pieces I need to get a book on these things - my dad can contruct any pieces or repair it is neccessary, I just need to find out what needs to be done.





I know nothing about spinning wheels so any suggestions for books, dvds or videos that could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Also if you can spot any problems with this wheel or tell me what this type is called that would also help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home