Saturday, March 04, 2006

Have Yarn, What to Knit?

I'm having a stress induced flare-up of this chronic pain problem. (TMI Alert: My urethral sphincter spasms causing horrible UTI like burning and there isn't much to do about it but take pain meds and muscle relaxants when it flares. Thankfully it doesn't cause incontinence...)

Sooo, whilst on meds that make me a bit loopy I really don't feel like making a mess of any of my knitting. I received my monthly samples from elann.com (I signed up for the sample club) and I swatched a bit. It was nice. I love feeling the yarn, seeing how it flows with the needles and my personal habit of SMELLING the yarn. I love the smell of faintly sheep-y wool yarn but I smell all yarn. I noticed that I was doing it at the LYS the other day and wondered if others found this odd. Am I the only yarn smeller out there?

All right so here is what I am doing. I need to yarn diet... bad so I am trying to find potential projects for the current stash.

S. Charles Mosaic Collezione in purple:
I'm thinking that this would make a great shell or summery cardigan. I have 10 balls.
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTarisaig.html


oh heck... I'm going to have to finish this post later... I need to lie down.

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

I am wondering about the stress induced urethral scphincter spasms. What are the identifying symptoms, and where did you get the medication for it? I think I have had this for 7 years and no one has been able to identify it. Your comments would really help.
Elizabeth

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home