Wednesday, February 22, 2006

All talk and (almost) no knit



I have a migraine. A massive migraine. I am in the dark with the computer monitor turned down low and knitting is difficult. Yet I persist... and read blogs about knitting.

As you can see I have finished the entrelac border of my noro sweater. It is big - I do not know whether this will become a too-big sweater, a comfy big sweater or an awful monstrosity that I will probably attempt to felt ruining all of my hard work and yarn. I think of ripping it out... but I cannot because according to my swatching it should be a good size and yet the entrelac has come out larger than calculated. Can some shaping in the stockinette save it? Stay tuned.

All this uncertainty has me wanting to avoid this piece. I want badly to make a sweater, just a sweater that I can faithfully knit from a pattern but alas this is not an option. I cannot find small enough patterns. No a child's sweater is not sized appropriately for an adult - not even if you make the sleeves and body longer. There is the matter of a waist and hips and boobs and the armholes come out too small and the neckline is too high and when you are all said and done you may as well have altered an adult pattern - or really just written your own.

This is the most hilarious thing I have seen in a very long time:
http://yarnpants.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-have-been-assimilated.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home