Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Another Entrelac project!

Entrelac is totally addictive. Each little square finishes and the next begs to begin. It is like the stitches in a circular knitting project - just one more... even if you want to quit you keep on knitting them.

I started a project for a hooded raglan sweater/sweatshirt in Kureyon with entrelac borders- I have 10 balls and I'm quite small (a size 0) so that should save me on yarn.

I'm coming up with the pattern myself basing it on the Knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, the entrelac hat pattern and the hoodie pattern in The Yarn Girl's Guide to Simple Knits.

I'm knitting the sweater at 5 stitches per inch on size 8 needles. The entrelac border is composed of 19 repeats of an 8 stitch entrelac pattern (for size reference the hat was a similar gauge with a 5 stitch entrelac).

Today one of the girls in my class asked me to teach her to knit! I was very enthusiastic. I'm getting much better at knitting without looking which I am fine at with thick, smooth yarn but this sock yarn was a bit tricky. Now I am improving.

I am very happy with how much I have accomplished knit-wise seeing as I only learned 2 months ago. With time my biggest hope is to get faster. I just need to keep on knitting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home